What is Taste
Tastecard is a subscription service that gives you 50% off or 2 for 1 deals at thousands of restaurants across the UK. Over the last couple of years, they have added discounts across Cinemas, days out, coffee clubs, and exclusive member perks on Uk brands.
What do you get with your Tastecard subscription?
Tastecard members receive a wide range of benefits included in their subscription.
- 2 for 1 dining, 50% off foods and drinks across big chains like Prezzo, Zizzi, and Carluccio’s and some independent restaurants
- 50% off Pizza delivery from Pizza hut delivery, Papa John’s, and Domino’s
- Up to 40% off cinema at top cinema chains- Vue, Cineworld
- 25% off coffee club- save 25% on barista-made drinks at 1000 coffee shops including Caffe Nero
- Member perks- exclusive offers and big savings on UK brands
Is Tastecard worth it?
Tastecard undoubtedly offers its members a lot of perks. But whether or not it’s worth it will depend on whether you use those perks.
Most of the deals on the Tastecard are readily available on the internet. However, if you don’t want the stress of searching for deals and want a service that aggregates these deals, this is a card worth having in your wallet.
In addition, this is entirely dependent on your habits. If there are restaurants on the list that you frequent, you can easily recoup your membership money back, even if you only go once every few months.
Tastecard is generally considered fair value for money, but it depends on how much you use its services. If you get the card to save money on cinema tickets, you may be disappointed as you will only save around £1 or £2. However, you won’t go wrong if you fully use the benefits (especially restaurant deals)
How much does Tastecard cost in the UK?
Tastecard currently costs £5.99 a month in the UK.
An annual subscription costs £39.99, saving you £31.89 over the year.
Tastecard offers a 30 day free trial, after which you’ll pay £47.88 /year after it renews.
Can you pay less for Tastecard with ScribePay?
With ScribePay, you could save money on all your subscription services, including Tastecard.
ScribePay helps you track all of your subscriptions, including Tastecard.
So if the cost of a subscription is due to go up, you’ll get an alert ahead of time so you can choose whether you want to continue or cancel your subscription.
You’ll also be reminded about your subscriptions so that you don’t forget about them.
Tastecard also has a habit of making it unclear when it attempts to auto-enrol you into their paid services. For example, you might receive a free three-month trial- if you use a regular credit or debit card you might not realise when that trial ends and Tastecard moves you onto the paid plan. By subscribing with ScribePay, we’ll alert you to the coming charge and give you the option to approve or decline.
In all three cases, this could save you money.
Should you pay for Tastecard monthly or yearly?
Paying for an annual subscription is cheaper over the year than paying for a monthly subscription.
If you can afford to pay for the annual subscription upfront, it may be worth considering.
If you can afford to pay the annual fee upfront then it’s certainly worth considering if you want to save money over the year.
If you pay annually, you can cancel at any time. But the amount you’ll be refunded will depend on the number of months used and the benefits used.
Can you get Tastecard for free?
New customers can get Tastecard for free by taking out a 30-day free trial.
You’ll need to cancel the trial before the 30 days are up, otherwise you’ll be automatically moved onto the more expensive annual subscription plan.
How do you subscribe to Tastecard?
To subscribe to TasteCard:
- Visit the Tastecard subscribe page
- Select either 30-days free trial, monthly or annual membership
- Provide email address, and password to set up account
- Once you’re signed in, add a payment method
- If you use your ScribePay Virtual card to pay, we will automatically start tracking the subscription
How do you renew Tastecard correctly?
By default, your Tastecard subscription will automatically renew at the end of every month or year, depending on whether you have a monthly or annual subscription.
But automatic renewal could leave you paying more than you’d like if Tastecard raises the cost of subscription or you stop using the services.
The only way to turn off auto-renewal is to cancel your subscription altogether. However, using a service like ScribePay can alert you in advance of any price rises, and remind you that your Tastecard subscription is ongoing.
How can ScribePay alert you if your Tastecard subscription changes?
The ScribePay app is smart.
When you add a subscription or take out a subscription using the ScribePay virtual card, the app will keep track of:
- the cost of the subscription
- the date when the subscription new renews
- how often the subscription is billed
- how long the subscription is due to last
- the date when the subscription is due to end
ScribePay also keeps track of the subscription service itself, including any future price changes.
With all this information, ScribePay will alert you as soon as it’s aware that the cost of your subscription is due to change. Which means that you’ll have plenty of time to decide whether you want to continue, change or cancel the subscription.
How does Tastecard membership work?
When you sign up for Tastecard membership, you’ll immediately get access to all the services it provides – including 2 for 1 dining, up to 40% of cinema tickets, and much more…
Here are a few things to look out for:
- Not all locations accept tastecard, so make sure you check that location will accept your tastecard to save yourself any embarrassment.
- You get ‘up’ to a certain percentage off based on the item. So because you see a 40% discount, does not mean you will get 40% off. Please read the fine print…
- Not every restaurant will accept the deal all the time, so look for the restriction in the app. For example, most restaurant deals are not available on Fridays, weekends, or bank holidays.
How does Tastecard free trial work?
Tastecard free 30-day trial is available to all new customers. It offers the same full benefits to existing customers.
If you don’t have a Tastecard account, you can create one during the process of signing up to Tastecard subscription.
The trial lasts for 30 days and will automatically renew onto a paid yearly subscription unless it’s cancelled within 30 days.
Does Tastecard offer a membership plan for students?
The simple answer is no. However, upgrade your TOTUM membership from £14.99 for 1 year and get 12 months FREE tastecard for every year’s TOTUM membership purchased. Buy a 3 year TOTUM card from £24.99 (£34.99 for PRO) and save ~£120 on tastecard membership (12 months RRP £39.99) PLUS get 3 years paid TOTUM membership, with big exclusives like 10% off instore at Co-op, up to 40% off Garmin and loads more!
Please note, offer is for new or renewing TOTUM card purchasers only (including free member upgrades), there is currently no option to bolt-on or upgrade your TOTUM card to include a tastecard. Anybody who buys a TOTUM or TOTUM PRO card from 15/08/22 qualifies.
How do you cancel Tastecard?
To cancel Tastecard:
- Go to this link: https://tastecard.co.uk/cancel-membership
- Log in to your account using your email address and password
- Follow the cancellation steps and enter the details you used at the time of sign up
How can ScribePay help cancel your Tastecard membership easily?
If you signed up to Tastecard using ScribePay, you can stop the payment in just a few clicks of the ScribePay app – even if you’ve forgotten your Tastecard email address.
- Open the ScribePay app
- Select Tastecard subscription
- Select cancel subscription and that’s it!
- Payment will be blocked (if you change your mind you can always unblock it)
How do you check your Tastecard subscription’s last day?
To check your Tastecard Subscription’s last day:
- Visit the Tastecard Membership page
- Click on the account and your subscription last day (renewal date) is visible in the middle of your membership page
If you have the ScribePay app, you can check your Tastecard subscription’s last day by:
- Launch the ScribePay App
- If the Subscription is upcoming, you will see it instantly. If still far away, click on “subscriptions” and search for Tastecard.
How do you cancel your Tastecard subscription if you don’t know the email address?
It’s still possible to cancel your Tastecard subscription if you don’t know the email address that’s associated with your Tastecard account. But it may involve some guesswork.
The first option:
- Visit the Tastecard Membership page
- Enter an email address you think you used to create your Tastecard account
- If it’s incorrect, Tastecard will respond with the message ‘We cannot find an account with that e-mail address’
- Try another email address until Tastecard recognises it and asks for your password
The second option:
- Visit your email inbox (Gmail, Mail, etc)
- Search for tastecard
- If you see emails from tastecard then visit the Tastecard Membership page log in using that email address
- If you don’t see emails from Tastecard, try searching for tastecard.co.uk’ using another email account
The third (and easiest) option:
If you signed up to Tastecard using ScribePay, you can stop the payment in just a few clicks of the ScribePay app – even if you’ve forgotten your tastecard email address.
- Open the ScribePay app
- Select tastecard subscription
- Select cancel subscription and that’s it!
- Payment will be blocked (if you change your mind you can always unblock)
Will Tastecard refund your money?
You may receive a full or partial refund if you cancel your Tastecard subscription.
If you pay monthly:
- You’ll receive a full refund if you haven’t used any of the included services.
- You won’t receive a refund and your subscription simply won’t renew if you have used any of the included services.
If you pay annually:
- You’ll receive a full refund if you haven’t used any of the included services
- You’ll receive a partial refund based on how many months have passed and whether you used any of the included services
- You won’t receive a refund if there’s less than a month until the subscription renews and you’ve used any of the included services
Can you cancel Tastecard anytime?
Yes, you can cancel Tasetcard at any time.
You can also cancel at any time in just a few taps using the ScribePay app.