What is Disney Plus?
Disney Plus (or Disney+) is an online streaming service, the home and central hub for Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, Hulu and much more.
Its main advantage is members get exclusive access to all Disney-owned content libraries that can’t be accessed anywhere, from The Simpsons to The Avengers, that have a loyal fan base.
What do you get with your Disney+ subscription?
In the UK, Disney Plus members access a wide range of content included in their subscriptions.
- Disney movies (i.e. Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Snow White, Moana, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Pixar movies and shows (i.e. Toy Story, Buzz Lightyear, The Incredibles, and recent hits Turning Red)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Studios (i.e. Deadpool, Ironman, The Winter Soldier, Black Panther, She Hulk and The Amazing Spiderman)
- Star Wars Movies and original series
- National Geographic movies (i.e. The last ice, Man vs. Animal, and The Secret of the Titanic)
- Hulu (i.e. The Kardashians)
How does Disney Plus Subscription work?
When you sign up for Disney+, you’ll immediately get access to all the services it provides.
You can setup up to seven different profiles on Disney Plus. Four users can watch Disney+ at the same time.
When adding a profile, you can choose between 14 different avatars. This step is optional. If you skip, just add the profile name. As you watch shows and movies, Disney+ will learn more about what you like and provide recommendations for shows and movies that match your interests.
Is Disney+ worth it?
Disney Plus undoubtedly offers its members lots of original and new content that can’t be accessed anywhere else. But whether or not it’s worth it will depend on whether you need and use the wide range of content included in its subscription.
For example, if you only use Disney+ for Marvel Movies, you’ll need to watch the content several times a month for the Disney+ subscription fee to cover the amount you’d have otherwise spent on a one-off cinema ticket.
If you use Disney+ as a family to watch the variety it offers, this alone could be worth the subscription fee.
You are able to have unlimited downloads across almost all titles with the Disney Plus subscription, depending only on the storage of your devices.
Disney Plus is available on a wide range of compatible devices, including (but not exclusive to):
- Smart TVs
- Android devices
- Apple devices
- Samsung devices
- Mobile device
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Google play store
- Amazon fire TV
- Playstation (5 or above)
- LG smart TVs
It could be considered that one of the downsides of Disney Plus is that it doesn’t have the same number of quality shows as Netflix, targeting the older demographic and people without kids.
Disney Plus is generally considered fair value for money, but it really depends on how much you use the services that it provides. The usage and the value of content are high with families that have kids aged 2-17.
How much does Disney Plus cost in the UK?
Disney+ currently costs £7.99 a month, saving you 16% over the year.
The annual subscription will cost you £79.90, saving you £15.98 if you were paying monthly.
Unfortunately, Disney does not currently offer a 30-day free trial.
Students currently get a 15% discount on a Disney Plus subscription when they subscribe for an annual account.
Can you get Disney+ for free?
Disney no longer offers a free trial.
If you are looking for free Disney+ access and also need to upgrade your phone, O2 offers a six-month free streaming service as part of its mobile plan.
These deals are good. However, you’ll need to cancel the trial before the six months are up otherwise, you’ll be automatically moved onto the paid monthly subscription plan. As the plan is linked to your mobile bill, it is even more challenging to track, so make sure you pay with your ScribePay Virtual card so that we can automatically track increases.
Does Disney+ offer a subscription plan for students?
Disney+ does not currently offer a student discount on its monthly subscription.
If you are willing to opt-in for a 12 month subscription, you can save 15%.
As a student, a monthly subscription may be cheaper as you can switch on and off your service. For example, if you are only using the service for 4 months in a year, that will cost you £31.96 versus £81 for the yearly subscription (that’s even after you apply the 15% discount).
How do you subscribe to Disney Plus?
- Go to the Disney+ sign-up page
- Enter your email address and set up a password
- Select either a monthly or annual subscription.
And that’s it!
How do you renew Disney+ correctly?
By default, your Disney+ subscription will automatically renew at the end of every month or year, depending on whether you have a monthly or annual subscription.
But automatic renewal could leave you paying more than you’d like if Disney+ raises the cost and you never notice or you stop using Disney Plus services.
This is why Scribepay is the perfect app for your subscriptions. It can alert you in advance of any price increases and remind you that your Disney+ subscription is ongoing.
ScribePay will alert you if your Disney+ subscription changes.
ScribePay will alert you if the Disney Plus subscription changes at all, informing you if prices rise before the money is taken from your account. It frequently checks with you if you still wish to use the streaming service too, letting you manage your subscriptions through the app.
Can Disney+ be shared?
Yes, you can share Disney+ by creating seven profiles and sharing the account details.
However, with Disney plus subscription you are only able to stream across up to four devices at once. This means that if you have more people in your household logged into your account who want to stream at once, that won’t be possible.
How do you cancel Disney+?
You can cancel Disney plus anytime.
To cancel :
- Log in to your Disney+ account
- Select your profile
- Select your Disney+ account settings
- Click your subscription
- Select ‘cancel subscription’
- You will be asked ‘why you want to cancel subscription’ this is optional
- click ‘continue to cancel’
- Disney+ will confirm that your membership has been cancelled
How can you check your Disney+ subscription’s renewal date?
To check your Disney+ subscription’s renewal date:
- Visit the Disney+ account settings
- Click on billing details and you’ll see your subscription’s renewal date
If you have the ScribePay app, you can check your Disney+ Subscription‘s last day in the app.
Will Disney+ refund your money?
You may receive a full or partial refund if you cancel your Disney+ subscription.
- You’ll receive a full refund if you haven’t used any of the included services before your renewal
- You won’t receive a refund, and your subscription won’t renew if you have used any of the services halfway through.
- You won’t receive a refund if there’s less than a month until the subscription renews and you’ve used any of the included services.
ScribePay is here to help you manage your subscriptions.
If you are worried you may forget to cancel your free trial, if you’re tired of paying monthly for services you no longer use, or if you simply need help managing your subscriptions or monthly plan, ScribePay is designed to help you.
- We help you save money on unwanted or forgotten subscriptions.
- Stay on top of your subscriptions using the app and virtual card for your subscription payments.
- Stay in control of your subscriptions with real-time alerts and management.
- Effortlessly cancel any subscription through the app – we do the rest of the work for you.
Get your free ScribePay account today!