What is Disney+?
Disney+ is the online streaming home for Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National geographic, Hulu, Star and much more. Its main draw is members get exclusive access to all Disney-owned content libraries that can’t be accessed anywhere, from The Simpsons to the Avengers, that have a loyal fan base.
What do you get with your Disney+ subscription?
In the UK, Disney+ members access a wide range of content included in their subscriptions.
- Disney movies (i.e.Beauty and the beast, and Moana)
- Pixar movies and shows (i.e. Toy Story, Incredibles, and recent hits Turning Red)
- Marvel Movies (i.e. Deadpool, Ironman, and the amazing spiderman)
- Star Wars Movies
- National Geographic movies (i.e. The last ice, Man vs. Animal, and The secret of the Titanic)
- Star Movies and Series
- Hulu (i.e. The Kardashians)
Is Disney+ worth it?
Disney+ undoubtedly offers its members lots of original and new content that can’t be accessed anywhere else. But whether or not it’s worth it will depend on whether you need and use the wide range of content included in its subscription.
If you only use Disney+ for Marvel Movies, you’ll need to watch the content several times a month for the Disney+ subscription fee to cover the amount you’d have otherwise spent on a one-off cinema ticket.
If you use Disney+ as a family to watch the variety it offers, this could alone be worth the Disney+ subscription fee.
Disney+ doesn’t have the same number of quality shows as Netflix targeting the older demographic and people without kids. Disney+ is generally considered fair value for money, but it really depends on how much you use the services that it provides. The usage and the value of content are high with families that have kids aged 2-17.
How much does Disney+ cost in the UK?
Disney+ currently costs £7.99 a month in the UK.
An annual subscription costs £79.90, saving you 16% over the year.
Disney does not currently offer a 30-day free trial; when you subscribe, you pay £7.99 a month.
Students currently get a 15% discount on a Disney Plus subscription.
Can you pay less for Disney+ with ScribePay?
With ScribePay, you could save money on all your subscription services, including Disney+
ScribePay helps you track all of your subscriptions, including Disney Plus.
So if the cost of a subscription is due to go up, you’ll get an alert ahead of time so you can choose whether you want to continue or cancel your subscription.
You’ll also be reminded about your subscriptions so that you don’t forget about them.
In all three cases, this could save you money.
Should you pay for Disney+ monthly or yearly?
Paying for an annual subscription is cheaper over the year than paying for a monthly subscription.
If you can afford to pay for the annual subscription upfront, it may be worth considering.
If you can afford to pay the annual fee upfront then it’s certainly worth considering if you want to save money over the year.
If you pay annually, you can cancel at any time. But the amount you’ll be refunded will depend on the number of months used and the benefits used.
Is Disney+ increasing their subscription cost?
In February 2021, the cost of Disney+ jumped from £5.99 / month to £7.99 / month and from £59.99 /year to £79.90 per year.
According to Disney’s CEO, price increases are expected in 2023 as the cost of doing business has increased worldwide. Disney+will be affected by this, and it could force the company to consider increasing the price again for Disney+ in the UK.
Can you get Disney+ for free?
Disney no longer offers a free trial.
If you are looking for free Disney+ access and also need to upgrade your phone, O2 offers a six-month free streaming service as part of its mobile plan.
These deals are good. However, you’ll need to cancel the trial before the six months are up; otherwise, you’ll be automatically moved onto the paid monthly subscription plan. As the plan is linked to your mobile bill, it is even more challenging to track, so make sure you pay with your ScribePay Virtual card so that we can automatically track increases.
How do you subscribe to Disney+?
- Visit the Disney+ sign-up page
- Enter your email address and set up a password
- Select either a monthly or annual susbcription
- Once you’re signed in, add a payment method
And that’s it!
How do you renew Disney+ correctly?
By default, your Disney+ subscription will automatically renew at the end of every month or year, depending on whether you have a monthly or annual subscription.
But automatic renewal could leave you paying more than you’d like if Disney+ raises the cost or you stop using Disney+ services.
The only way to turn off auto-renewal is to cancel your subscription altogether. However, using a service like ScribePay can alert you in advance of any price rises, and remind you that your Disney+ subscription is ongoing.
How can ScribePay alert you if your Disney+ subscription changes?
The ScribePay app is smart.
When you add a subscription or take out a subscription using the ScribePay virtual card, the app will keep track of:
- the cost of the subscription
- the date when the subscription new renews
- how often the subscription is billed
- how long the subscription is due to last
- the date when the subscription is due to end
ScribePay also keeps track of the subscription service itself, including any future price changes.
With all this information, ScribePay will alert you as soon as it’s aware that the cost of your subscription is due to change. Which means that you’ll have plenty of time to decide whether you want to continue, change or cancel the subscription.
How does Disney+ Subscription work?
When you sign up for Disney+ Subscription, you’ll immediately get access to all the services it provides.
You can set up to seven different profiles on Disney+ Subscription. Having separate profiles will ensure the users get better recommendations for shows and movies.
When adding a profile, you can choose between 14 different avatars. This step is optional. If you skip, just add the profile name and select kids profile if applicable. As you watch shows and movies, Disney+ will learn more about what you like and provide recommendations for shows and movies that match your interests.
Can Disney+ be shared?
Yes, you can share Disney+ by creating seven profiles and sharing the account details. However, only four streams can happen at the same time as other people in your household.
You’ll need to ensure the person you share the account details with is within your trusted circle, and they don’t start sharing your account details with strangers.
Does Disney+ offer a subscription plan for students?
Disney+ does not currently offer a student discount on its monthly subscription.
If you are willing to opt-in for 12 month subscription, you can save 15%.
As a student, a monthly subscription may be cheaper as you can switch on and off your service. For example, if you are only using the service for 4 months in a year, that will cost you £31.96 versus £81 for the yearly subscription (that’s even after you apply the 15% discount).
How do you cancel Disney+?
To cancel :
- Visit the Disney+ account settings
- Click the ‘Disney Monthly Subscription’ link
- Select ‘cancel subscription’
- You will be asked ‘why you want to cancel subscription’ this is optional
- click ‘continue to cancel’
- Disney+ will confirm that your membership has been cancelled
How do you check your Disney+ subscription’s last day?
To check your Disney+ subscription’s last day:
- Visit the Disney+ account settings
- Click on payment history and you’ll see your subscription’s renewal date
If you have the ScribePay app, you can check your Disney+ Subscriptions last day in app.
How do you cancel your Disney+ subscription if you don’t know the email address?
It’s still possible to cancel your Disney+ subscription if you don’t know the email address that’s associated with your account. But it may involve some guesswork.
The first option:
- Visit Disney’s sign in page
- Enter an email address you think you used to create your Disney account
- If it’s incorrect, Disney will respond with the message ‘We cannot find an account with that e-mail address’
- Try another email address until Disney recognises it and asks for your password
The second option:
- Visit your email inbox (Gmail, Mail, etc)
- Search for ‘disneyplus.com’
- If you see emails from Disney then visit Disney’s sign in page and log in using that email address
- If you don’t see emails from Disney, try searching for ‘disneyplus.com’ using another email account
The third (and easiest) option:
If you signed up to Disney+ using ScribePay, you can stop the payment in just a few clicks of the ScribePay app – even if you’ve forgotten your Disney+ email address.
- Open the ScribePay app
- Select Disney+ subscription
- Select cancel subscription and that’s it!
- Payment will be blocked (if you change your mind you can always unblock it)
Will Disney+ refund your money?
You may receive a full or partial refund if you cancel your Disney+ subscription.
If you pay monthly:
- You’ll receive a full refund if you haven’t used any of the included services before your renewal
- You won’t receive a refund, and your subscription won’t renew if you have used any of the services halfway through.
If you pay annually:
- You’ll receive a partial refund based on how many months have passed and whether you used any of the included services
- You won’t receive a refund if there’s less than a month until the subscription renews and you’ve used any of the included services.
Can you cancel Disney anytime?
Yes, you can cancel Disney+ at any time.
You can also cancel at any time in just a few taps using the ScribePay app.